2017 WEN-CON Cosplay Contest Categories:
- Youth – 12 and under
- Teen – 13 – 17 years
- Adult – 18 and up
Registration must be completed by 1:00 p.m. on the day of the convention (Saturday, April 8, 2017). Youth Contest will take place beginning at 4:00 pm. followed by the Teen Contest and then the Adult Contest. Prizes TBA.
- Bre Hinkle – graphic designer and local cosplayer
- Ryan Wells – international cosplayer
- John Alexander – actor
- Alex Haley – local promoter, comedian, writer, actor
2017 WEN-CON Cosplay Contest Rules:
You MUST have a badge to enter WEN-CON to be able to be entered into the contest. One entry per contestant.
- All costumes must be family friendly. No nudity. No costume is not a costume. Body paint is not a costume. If you have to ask then it probably isn’t appropriate.
- No profanity, rude gestures or lewd behavior allowed on the stage including on signs or clothing. No signs may be used. No political or religious statements or messages. No racism, homophobia, transphobia, or misogyny. Violating this rule will result in disqualification and removal.
- You may enter as a single or a group. Group size is limited to 5 people. If you enter as a group and win as a group only one single grand prize will be awarded. No additional prizes will be given.
- Costumes must be constructed by the contestant(s) and at least 60% of the costume must be of original construction. Store bought or prefabricated costumes are not allowed for the adult contest.
- Any props or weapons must adhere to convention rules and be non-working. No projectiles, fire, smoke, or pyrotechnics are allowed. For more information on weapons please see Conduct Code.
- Costumes do not have to be worn by the creator. Costumes can be modeled by contestants but the creator must be present during the contest.
- Youth contestants may wear store bought costumes, but handmade are better.
- Contestants must be able to walk on and off stage by yourself. No strollers or parental assistance.
- Have fun!